WP 301 Redirects WordPress Plugins Review – Instantly Fix all 301 and 302 Errors
Today on our blog, we are reviewing WP 301 Redirects Plugin. It is widely considered as the best plugin to redirecting WordPress.
WP 301 Redirects WordPress Plugins
You can find a lot of plugins to manage redirects but we have some solid reasons to opt it over others. Here we go with some of the notable features of the Plugin.
- One place to manage 301 and 302 redirects
- You have the option to choose redirects from Pages, Posts, Custom Post Types, Archives, etc.
- Option to set custom destination URL.
- Super-fast redirection
- Import feature for bulk redirects management
- A redirect stats to know how much a redirection is used
- Works on WordPress versions 4.0 or higher
- Compatible with all major WordPress themes and plugins
Install the Plugin
Now it’s time to install the Plugin on your WordPress website. It is easier than you imagined.
- Log in to your WordPress site, go to the Plugins section and click add new.
- Install the Plugin named 301 Redirects – Easy Redirect Manager
- Activate the Plugin
Set Up the Plugin
Now it’s time to set up the Plugin. Go to your website settings and click on “301 redirects” to use the plugin features. Click on the redirect rules and you can see the options to choose from 301 and 302. Check the below screenshot. Add the URL you want to redirect to into the “Redirect From” section.
Now add the URL where you want to redirect into the “Redirect to” section.
Now click save and you have successfully created the first redirect using WP 301 Redirects plugin.
Also, you have the option to import/export redirect rules from the menu of the Plugin.
What is 301 Redirect and when to use it?
301 redirect is a permanent used by webmasters when they want to redirect a URL visitors to other URL permanently. It is very important to redirect any old URLs that won’t be staying the same on a rebuild of your website.
Google says “If you need to change the URL of a page as it is shown in search engine results, we recommend that you use a server-side 301 redirect. This is the best way to ensure that users and search engines are directed to the correct page.”
Hope this article helps you to understand WP 301 Redirects, how to use it and when to use 301 redirects review.
If you are looking for a Coming Soon Page creator plugin, check Coming Soon WordPress.